My Popular Posts

Saturday 21 September 2013

MOTD: Winter Makeup - Purple Lips!

Hello! Today's post is another MOTD! I love doing these posts because they are so fun to share your makeup for the day and i love getting inpsiration. I did one last week and i got some lovely feedback from a fellow beauty blogger called Lorraine , thank you for the lovely comment!

Although it's Spring here in New Zealand, the weather has been really cold and rainy! So i took advantage of the rubbish weather and went with a more 'Winter' like makeup look. I decided to go with neutral eyes and purple lips, the lips were a bit daring for me but i love them! I hope you enjoy!

Here are a few pictures of the products and the makeup look:


From the left: BYS Pressed Powder, Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, Benefit Fake Up Concealer, Nars Blush 'Amour', Mac Bronzing Powder, 'Refined Golden'

Eyeshadows from left: Mac 'Retrospeck', Mac 'Wedge', Mac 'Sable'
Eyeliner: Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner 'Black'
Mascara: Maybelline Colossal Mascara 'Black'

From Left: Chi Chi viva la diva lipstick 'Drop Dead Gorgeous', Mac Lipglass 'Cultured'
Face:

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation: Shade 120
This foundation is my go to when i want a little bit more coverage than my BB cream, i really love how this foundation doesn't show my dry skin patches on my face and it it applies really nicely on my skin.

Benefit Fake Up Concealer: Sade Light 01
I am pretty sure i have mentioned this concealer in almost all of my blog posts! I'm sorry but this concealer is a dream! It is amazing because it covers my dark circles so well and yet still looks natural, i really love this and i use it every single day.

BYS Powder: Shade Medium
I use this powder whenever i wear makeup to be honest! It is currently my only pressed powder and it is so easy and quick! I have a loose powder but i find that pressed versions are so much quicker and less messy! It sets my makeup really nicely, although I have dry skin, if I don't set my makeup it just doesn't last! Love it!

Mac Bronzing Powder: 'Refined Golden'
Again, i have mentioned this in so many posts but I use this so much! I love it to add a little bit of depth to my makeup look and it always makes my skin so glowy! If you want any more information on this product, check out my other blog posts!

Nars Blush: 'Amour'
I absolutely adore this blush, not only because it is my only Nars blush and that it is so luxurious (hehe) but because it is the most perfect deeper peachy pink colour! I also like how it is matte because it makes your makeup look a little more natural. I applied this to the apples of my cheeks!

Eyes:

Mac Eyshadows: 'Retrospeck', 'Wedge', 'Sable'
I love 'Retrospeck', it is a really pretty light champagne colour with glitter and it use it so much, it goes well with so many looks! I put this all over  my lid and a little on my inner corner to brighten up my eyes. Mac 'Wedge' is hands down my favourite blending colour for the crease. It is so easy to use and adds subtle depth to the eye! 'Sable' by Mac is also a favourite of mine, i mentioned this in my Top 5 Mac Products post too! This is a pretty copperish brown with shimmer! I used this in my crease and outer corner for some depth. 

Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner: Black
This liquid liner is BOMB! I really love how easy this eyeliner is to apply especially because it is my first liquid liner and it is so easy! I used this just along my lash line but no wing!

Maybelline Colossal Mascara: Black
I swear i have put this in every post, it is an incredible volumizing mascara and i applied a couple coats to my upper and lower lashes!

Lips:

Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipstick: 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'
This lisptick is a matte darker pinky purple colour, i love it although it is a little daring, it is wearable and such a pretty colour! I loved this to add a bit of something different to my makeup look.

Mac Lipglass: 'Cultured'
This is a gorgeous shimmery neutral pink colour with a little bit of a purple tinge to it so it went well over the top of the lipstick. I used a little bit of this to add some gloss and shine to the lips! 



So that is today's post, I really enjoyed writing this and i hope you enjoyed reading it! If you would like a review of any of the products, let me know in the comments and also let me know what your favourite winter lipsick is and maybe some feefback on my post? Don't forget to leave your blog address in your comment and follow me if you want to see more blog posts!
Thank you!

Kate xo





2 comments:

  1. Ohh love the sound of your Nars Blush! Also your lippy looks great!

    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete