My Popular Posts

Saturday 19 October 2013

Review: Chi Chi Viva La Diva Lipsticks!

Hi! I feel as if I haven't blogged in so long and I have just been lacking some inspiration for my posts but I thought reviews are helpful and a good idea if you aren't sure what to write about!
Today is a review on the Chi Chi Viva La Diva lipsticks! I hope you enjoy!
 
 
I have two of the Chi Chi lipsticks from this line and I have the shades 'Hollywood Heiress' and 'Drop Dead Gorgeous'. First off, the packaging is so pretty and something different to your average 'drugstore' brand packaging. The lids are a smooth black case with a metallic/shiny magenta purple damask pattern on it. The bottom part of the tube is colour coded with the shade of the lipstick in an acrylic casing so you can see the colour. I love the packaging and seems very high end material and is sturdy. Definitely eye catching! They retail for around $25, I'm not entirely sure! You can get them from Farmers and Kmart in NZ and I think Priceline and Kmart in Australia.
 
The two that I have are different finishes but they are both very pigmented and stay on for a decent amount of time, which I think is great!
 
The shade 'Hollywood Heiress' is a cream finish so it applies very smoothly and is not drying at all. It has great pigmentation too. The colour is a gorgeous creamy intense peachy pink colour. Although it is quite bright and intense, I find it very wearable and I love matching this one to my top or something! It has great lasting power for a cream finish lipstick and doesn't show my dry patches on my lips too much.
 
The shade 'Drop Dead Gorgeous' is a matte finish and is a deep berry purple wine colour! So many names to describe it! It is something daring for me but I love it! It is a little bit drying because I have naturally dry lips with some dry patches but I use a lip balm underneath and it is creamy and doesn't feel too dry. This one is crazy pigmented  with no shine but I really love the colour, perfect for autumn and winter time!  

These lipsticks are probably some of the most pigmented lipsticks I have ever used and I love the shades I have! These were both a birthday gift form my friend Emma who also has a blog! Check it out here!!!
Overall these lipsticks are great quality and worth the money, if you aren't a fan of these shades, the line has so many other colours that I am sure you would be able to find something that is of your liking. They have a slight scent but nothing unbearable and I believe Chi Chi has glosses to match the lipstick line so if you don't like lipsticks, check out their matching lip glosses!!

I really hope you all found this review helpful and enjoyed :) Thanks for reading and follow for more posts! Hope you liked the lip swatches too!

Kate xo

No comments:

Post a Comment